Near Cumberland Ky. one miner still missing, one miner killed. Roof fall from what i heard.
Guys be careful under there.
Near Cumberland Ky. one miner still missing, one miner killed. Roof fall from what i heard.
Guys be careful under there.
Most definetly man. I know stuff like this hits home for a lot of people around here. It never did to me, until I started dating my wife. Her dad is an electrician (more like a jack of all trades) in the mines, and get an odd feeling anytime you hear of something happening in the mines.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
my prayers go out to anyone who is realted to those miners.....it just goes to show how dangerous that job is and at anytime something like this can happen
What was the name of the mine?
Just rumors , but an old Arch coal operation in Ky. I'm pretty sure I saw a coupla' mine rescue vehicles go thru Appy last night so I'd say the recovery operations are over. Guys were moving MRSs by hand , a machine that usually runs by radio remote control and are only used in retreat mining or pillaring - taking all the coal and letting the moutain fall behind you. This is just "Joe told his cousin who heard at the store" so don't take it to the bank and try to cash it.
Is this the mine I where they're still hauling coal while the rescue/recovery work is still going on? I saw that on TV. They're still hauling coal right past the family of the missing man. Talk about LOW. Oh well, that's a coal company for ya.
_________________________________________________________
HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????
Thats sad that they would still haul coal and the family right there.
Bookmarks